expressway1Uttar Pradesh government will commence construction work on 290 km long Bundelkhand Expressway in October 2019. The work involves construction of four-lane access-controlled highway linking the lesser developed areas of the state to Delhi.

The Bundelkhand Expressway will have seamless connectivity to the Agra-Lucknow Expressway as well as the Agra-Noida Expressway. The project will be completed in a span of 30 months.

Around 90 percent of the land needed for the project has been acquired and the remaining 10 percent acquisition will be completed in the next two months.

The Bundelkhand Expressway will start from Jhansi and will pass through the state’s lesser developed districts such as Chitrakoot, which is also a religious and tourist spot, Banda, Hamirpur, Auraiya as well as Jalaun.

From Jalaun, the expressway will connect to Etawah and reach Naseempur through Bateshwar in Agra before joining the Agra-Lucknow Expressway. The project will create 50,000 direct and indirect jobs. The expressway will also boost tourism and bring in holistic development of the state.


Print pagePDF pageEmail page

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

*