Khurja super critical thermal power project (Khurja STPP) is making some progress at last as the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and THDC India Ltd have arrived at a settlement regarding NH-91. The Ministry has reportedly given in principle approval to re-route the NH-91 portion falling under land acquired by THDC for the project. However, the cost for the re-routing shall be borne by THDCIL from project funds.

Khurja STPP is a milestone project for THDC as it signals the diversification of energy basket of the company by moving to thermal power generation from hydro power generation. The company is planning to set up 2 x 660 MW Super Critical Thermal Power Project in District Bulandshahar, U.P at an estimated cost of Rs 5,500 crore. About 1200 acres of land was acquired by UPSIDC earlier at Khurja for industrial use which shall be utilized for construction of the project. Uttar Pradesh Government has constituted a committee of officers from THDCIL, UPSIDC and District Administration to expedite the transfer of this land to the company. The project is yet get coal linkage which is essential before the company proceeds for environment clearance for the project.

Under the MoU with UP government, THDCIL will provide 60 per cent of the power to Uttar Pradesh and sell the remaining 40 per cent to Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand. THDCIL has already signed PPA with these states.


Print pagePDF pageEmail page

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

*