The economy is going through one of its worst phases in the history — rupee is depreciating, oil price is going up, industrial production is falling and business confidence is at its lowest level. Leaders from different spheres express their views as below:
- Vijay Mallya: I expected this long back. Oil price is going up and rupee is depreciating. That’s why I closed down Kingfisher much earlier. Now tell me who is the loser?
- Lal Krishna Advani: Oil price is deliberately rigged by the government so that petrol price goes up and I call off my usual pre-election Rath Yatra.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav: Stop Modi from travelling all over the country. We can save half the fuel consumption automatically.
- Sharad Pawar: There is no need to pledge gold with IMF to borrow money. I can offer you a much better rate.
- Mamata Banerjee: I oppose the Food Security Bill as it covers only 67 per cent of the population. I want it to cover 110 per cent of the population – 100 per cent Indians and 10 per cent Bangladeshis staying in our country.
- Manmohan Singh: Price is rising, rupee is falling. But it’s okay.
News spoofs appearing on PM Spoofs are works of fiction. Readers are advised not to confuse these with real incidents. Any resemblance of spoofs to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental.