SJVN Ltd is diversifying its product portfolio and is venturing into non-conventional and thermal power generation. For thermal power generation the company has set up SJVN Thermal Pvt. Limited. The company will be setting up 2X660 MW thermal power station based on super critical technology at Buxar in Bihar. The project is estimated to cost Rs 6791.36 crore.

Originally the project was meant to be implemented by Buxar Bijlee Co. Pvt. Ltd, a company set up by Bihar Power Infrastructure Company Ltd. However, in July 2013, Bihar government decided to transfer the project to SJVN through an MoU. Under the MoU, Bihar will have 85 per cent share of the power generated from project whereas Sutlej Power Corporation would get the remaining 15 per cent.

The project is scheduled for completion in February 2017. Recently the central government allocated the 2,102 Million Tonne Deocha-Pachami Coal Block located in West Bengal for the Project.


Print pagePDF pageEmail page

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

*