* Handling of 70 million tonnes of cargo by the end of the 10th Plan and 97 million tonnes by the end of the 11th Plan.
* More capital intensive and fully mechanised port with less manpower.
* Container terminal to accommodate 6,600 TEUs and above.
* Provision of deep draft dedicated berths capable of accommodating 2,50,000 DWT plus.
* Facilities to handle LNG vessels of size 1,35,000 DWT.
* Organisational effectiveness to emerge as integrated logistic centre.
* Information technology in port operations.
* Efficient railway system and development of expressways to link NH-5.
* Alumina loading facilities by captive users.
* Mechanised facilities envisaged by BOT operator at inner harbour berths.