REFCOLD INDIA 2019: November 21-23, 2019
- The platform to showcase latest innovations as future drivers for refrigeration industry
- Partnered by Govt. of Telangana to surge farmers’ productivity at national level
- Various subsidy schemes made available by the Government of India through MoFPI, NHB, NHM, APEDA and other bodies for boosting industry operations
- Major end-users of Indian cold chain industry like AL-Kabeer (India’s largest meat exporter), Bulk Drugs Manufacturers Association of India, GADRE Premium Seafood (India’s largest premium seafood exporter) endorse REFCOLD INDIA 2019
REFCOLD INDIA, South Asia’s largest cold chain and refrigeration event, is the blooming destination for innovation in products and services, training and education and business networking for the entire food industry. Over 15,000 decision makers and innovators from retail, food service, processing, production, distribution, logistics, and transportation representing frozen, refrigerated, ambient and fresh operations would attend the most prime convention pertaining to their industry.
This year’s REFCOLD INDIA is happening later this week at Hyderabad, Telangana on November 21-23, 2019.
Over the course of three days at REFCOLD INDIA, exhibition, seminars and workshops will combine to deliver the most valuable and comprehensive business-to-business networking event, serving the perishables industry with opportunities to connect with key buyers that produce, handle, store, transport or are involved in the distribution of perishable products.
Two principal highlights of the event are:
- REFCOLD Business Summit – aims to provide great business opportunities to exhibitors to connect with top industry buyers.
- REFCOLD Innovation Hub – platform for exhibitors and partners to showcase their innovations which has power to transform the Cold Chain and Refrigeration Industry.
Key Growth Drivers
- Through Cold Chain Logistics, distribution goes far and wide and in larger volumes, resulting into higher demand and consumption of dairy, meat, poultry and marine foods
By 2020, the Indian Dairy industry is expected to double to $ 140 bn
- By 2020, Indian Food and Retail market is projected to touch $ 828.92 bn
- 100% Foreign Direct Investment allowed in multi-brand retail business of locally sourced processed food
Growth in Pharma products
- The projects identified under Ports & Shipping Industry, The Sagarmala Programme, is expected to mobilize over Rs. 61.6 bn of infrastructure investment
Way forward for the Indian Cold Chain Industry
The Cold Chain & Refrigeration Market in India is expected to reach $658.59 Bn by 2022. Over the years the industry has evolved and has played an indispensable role to preserve, extend and ensure the high shelf life of products like fresh agricultural produce, seafood, frozen food, photographic films, chemicals, and pharmaceutical drugs, ultimately boosting the Indian economy. The major driving force behind the growth of cold chain facilities in India is the growth of the end-user industries.
“Supported by national government institutions and the Govt. of Telangana, the sustainability designs and products exhibited at REFCOLD INDIA 2019 shall minimise waste, conserve energy and blend with the environment to create low carbon footprints. I am confident and looking forward with great excitement, to a grand show that holds value for all the stakeholders, especially – the partners, exhibitors and visitors”, Mr. G Anand Kumar, Chairman, REFCOLD INDIA 2019 shared.
“In every sense, REFCOLD INDIA 2019 would completely be an international convention endorsed by global industry bodies, providing interaction and guiding insights and information to all its visitors”, added Mr. C. Subramaniam, National Steering Committee Chair for REFCOLD INDIA 2019.
The answer to timely delivery to the user industries including quick service restaurants, pharmaceutical industry, processed food industry and organised retail sector lies in the right product, in the right quantity, condition and price to the right customer at the right place. This is an art, completely dependent on the science of inclusive and accurate planning & decision making.
“Telangana Government has identified logistics sector as one of the focus sectors. The government is aware that improvement in this sector will provide multi fold benefit to the economy of the state. In this regard, numerous initiatives have been planned such as developing Multi Modal Logistics Park, creation of Integrated Logistics Park around Hyderabad to ease cargo movement, formulation of draft logistics policy etc., to create a robust logistics ecosystem. Development of cold chain infrastructure is the need of the hour to ensure that fresh produce is preserved and able to reach the consumers and that farmers can get their value as well as reduce spoilage resulting in additional income.
REFCOLD INDIA 2019 can play an important role of being a platform through which issues related to cold-chain can be discussed by various stakeholders and a way forward for strengthening of cold chain infrastructure in Telangana State can be found”, said Mr. Rupesh Singh, the Director of Logistics, Government of Telangana Ms. Sonia Prashar, Chairperson of the Board & Managing Director NuernbergMesse India Pvt. Ltd quoted, “REFCOLD INDIA 2019 is a sincere effort to cover all the varied sections of the refrigeration & cold chain industry and bring together the vast base of business prospects under one roof. We have worked endlessly to create this arena for global investment community to connect with stakeholders in Refrigeration & Cold Chain sector in India”.
More Concurrent Events at REFCOLD INDIA
- REFCOLD Emerson Awards Night – The award night hosted by ISHRAE along with Emerson to honour innovative & outstanding energy efficient projects in the Cold Chain and Refrigeration Industry.
- Daikin Global Poster Competition – the aim is to provide a platform to national and international students to demonstrate their innovative research.
- REFCOLD Entrepreneur’s Conclave – Creating an ecosystem for entrepreneurship through this conclave by industry experts.
- REFCOLD BIZ QUIZ –Technical and entertaining Business Quiz for HVAC & R Professionals to display their knowledge of technical and business domains
The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE), founded in 1981 at New Delhi by a group of eminent HVAC&R professionals, today has more than 12,000 HVAC&R professionals as members and additionally as many as 7,500 Student-members. ISHRAE operates from 41 chapters and sub chapters spread all over the country with headquarters in Delhi. It is led by a team of elected officers, who are members of the society, working on a voluntary basis, and collectively called the Board of Governors.
About NürnbergMesse Group
NürnbergMesse Group is one of the 15 largest trade fair companies in the world. It comprises NürnbergMesse GmbH and its 15 subsidiaries and affiliates. The company employs more than 1,000 people at ten locations in Germany, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Greece, Austria and the USA. NürnbergMesse Group also has a network of international representatives operating in more than 100 countries. Its portfolio includes around 120 German and international trade fairs and congresses. Every year, up to 35,000 exhibitors (international contingent: 44%) and up to 1.5 million visitors (26% from outside Germany) take part in the Group’s own, partner and guest events.
NürnbergMesse India one of the three largest trade fair companies in India with a diverse portfolio of 17 shows across genres, operating out of three offices in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.