Paradeep Phosphates Limited (PPL) is expected to complete its debottlenecking projects and captive power plant during the last quarter of this fiscal. It may be recalled here that PPL is currently implementing an expansion project to increase its DAP / NPK complex as well as its phosphoric acid / sulphuric acid manufacturing capacity at a project cost of Rs. 715 crore. The project has been delayed due to cyclone during October 2013. According to company sources, delay has not caused any cost overruns.

Currently Zuari Maroc Phosphates Private Limited (ZMPPL), a 50:50 joint venture between Zuari Industries Limited (ZIL, a K.K. Birla Group company) and Maroc Phosphores, Morocco, holds 80.45% stake in PPL, while the remaining 19.55% is held by the Government of India which disinvested its majority stake in 2002.

PPL is currently among the top few integrated DAP plants in India with an installed annual capacity of 0.72 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA) of DAP / NPK complex fertilisers, 0.225 MMTPA of phosphoric acid and 0.66 MMTPA of sulphuric acid.


Print pagePDF pageEmail page

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

*