Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has threatened to go ahead and transfer two of his key officials if they failed to complete ongoing projects in Lucknow as per their schedule.
It would seem the chief minister has ordered the transfers of Sada Kant, Principal Secretary (Housing), and Sanjeev Saran, Principal Secretary (Industrial and Infrastructure Development), for “non-completion and unsatisfactory progress of many projects” in the Uttar Pradesh capital.
A press release issued by his government on September 24, 2014, said that Yadav had expressed his “dismay and anger” over the delay in completion of the projects. However, he was willing to cancel their transfers if they committed themselves to the timelines and completed the projects on schedule.
In fact, the chief minister has, himself, fixed the timelines for completing the following ongoing projects. Most of these projects are due in 2014 and 2015.
* Construction of the main gate of the historical Sheesh Mahal, Satkhanda Park and Ghantaghar, and beautification of Picture Gallery Park to be completed by December 31, 2014.
* Beautification of Sheesh Mahal pond situated on Durga Devi temple road in Husainabad ward by December 31, 2014.
* Undergrounding of power systems from Teele Waali mosque in Hussainabad to Jama Masjid turn by December 15, 2014.
* Widening and beautification of the road from Hussainabad Teele Waali Maszid to Jama Masjid turn by March 31, 2015.
* Construction of community centre in Picture Gallery complex and beautification of Raees Manzil Park by January 2015.
* Construction of Mehndi Ghat project at km 1.870 of right-hand embankment upstream of Gomti river from Harding Bridge by January 2015.
* Beautification of Clock Tower, Ghantaghar Pond and Picture Gallery complex by December 31, 2014.