The 22nd High Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) meeting today held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik approved two investment proposals worth Rs 8850.19 crore with an employment potential of 5,250 people.
In this meeting, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced to set up an inter ministerial committee to look into the issues of bringing industries and MSMEs in the current pandemic situation and recommend appropriate suggestions for bringing them back on track. The Ministers who are members of HLCA will be the members of the inter-ministerial group. The CM announced this at the State HLCA meeting which was convened today. Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari, Energy Minister Sushant Singh, Steel & Mines Minister Prafulla Mallick, and Minister of State, Industries & MSME, Dibya Shankar Mishra will be the members of this group.
This was preceded by the 91 st State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting chaired by Asit Kumar Tripathy, Chief Secretary, Government of Odisha which approved four more investment proposals worth Rs 251.09 crore outlined by Hemant Sharma, Principal Secretary, Department of Industries, Government of Odisha. These proposals spread across Sectors like Metal & Metal Downstream, Textile & Apparel and Logistics & Infrastructure are likely to generate employment for about 1,275 people. This also includes an investment from a Chinese sports shoe manufacturing company.
The HLCA approved two investment proposals which included the following:
- The proposal of Dhunseri Ventures Limited for setting up Maleic Anhydride manufacturing unit with annual capacity of 60,000 tonne at Paradeep, with a total investment of Rs 1013.29 crore providing employment to 350 people.
- The proposal of Rungta Mines (RML) for setting up an expansion of its Integrated Steel Plant project from 0.9 million tpa to 2.85 million tpa capacity, with Captive Power Plant of 385 MW and 1.69 million tpa Cement Plant (in two phases) at- Jharbandh, District- Dhenkanal with a total investment of Rs 7,836.90 crore providing employment of about 4,900 people has also been approved by HLCA.
The SLSWCA approved four projects which included the following
- In the Footwear sector, the proposal of Niren Kumar Anand, for setting up Footwear manufacturing unit of capacity one million pieces with an investment of Rs 62.44 crore
and employing around 620 people. This project is first of its kind in the state and has immense potential for further employment generation.
- The proposal of Kashvi International to set up an additional 1.2 million tpa Iron Ore beneficiation Plant to its 0.6 million tpa Iron Ore Pelletization Plant, with an investment of Rs 55.23 crore and providing employment to about 50 people.
- In a big boost to the State’s Metal Downstream sector, the proposal of Purosteel India is to set up a manufacturing unit such as tubes & Pipes PVD Coating, furniture fabrication, finished sheets & profiles, trimes plant with an investment of Rs 53.42 crore providing employment opportunities for 200 people.
- The proposal of Odisha Carriers and Trade for setting up three logistics Park cum Fulfillment centres, with an investment of Rs 80 crore and it will provide an additional employment opportunities for 405 people.